Search This Blog

Thursday, October 6, 2011

I wish I had a 4 day weekend...but 3's alright too.

Hope you're all feeling confident today after the Vocab Test.

Alright, here comes the homework assault for this weekend--but it really shouldn't be that much, because if you used your class time productively you really should be done with the entire SAT packet, and only have the Type 2 and MC to worry about this weekend. If you didn't....well, that's your problem I suppose.

The following items are DUE TUESDAY. NO EXCEPTIONS:


  1. SAT PROJECT: Complete the packet (20 questions), neatly, and in complete sentences. I've attached this document under our assignments link if you need another copy or prefer to type responses

  2. SAT TYPE 2: Simply reflect on what you've learned about your college application process and your chances to get in (based solely on SAT's). I've provided some questions for you to consider; in grading this I'm just looking for thoughtful comments. I don't want you to simply regurgetate all the information you answered in the question; synthesize this, put it together. Don't go crazy, and definitely don't write more than one page. I'd expect at least 6 thoughtful comments if you want to get a 10/10.

  3. 16 MC QUESTIONS: As we prepare for our Unit 1 test, please complete the 16 MC provided in class. This will be counted as a homework grade, and we'll go over the answers Tuesday. You must show some work to get credit for the HW, as I'm aware you could just write random letters (if there's no work).

**You should also review the answers to 3,4,14,15 that I provided in class as a means of studying, though this is not an official assignment.**'


So the way I see it, you spend a MAX of 1 hour on your SAT project (unless you wasted class time), and probably about 30 minutes on your MC. So if we divide that up by 4 days, that's about 23 minutes of homework a day. And I don't feel bad about that.


Enjoy your four days, rest, relax, have fun, and enjoy the beautiful weather! I'll look forward to seeing you Tuesday!


No comments: