Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I can't believe I forgot to post yesterday...

Broke my streak of posts. I'm sorry!

Tonight, enjoy some Algebra....writing linear equations, interpreting slope, y-intercept.....yay!

Page 189:
1, 15a, 21, 27, 49

Quiz tomorrow--5 min! "Is a linear model appropriate?" and "Find the equation of the LSRL using your calculator." After grading/stamping your stamp problems from today, here are a few pointers....
  • Remember you're looking for random scatter in the RESIDUAL plot, not the scatter plot
  • When you explain your reasoning, make sure you say there is/isn't a pattern in the RESIDUAL plot. Be specific.
  • Draw the residual plot!
  • Don't forget the other two conditions!
    • Look at the scatter plot (L1 vs. L2 most likely) for outliers.
    • Don't just say "the variables are quantitative." You have to tell me what the variables are!
Also, I started working on #1 with some people after school....it's really just a ton of Algebra. Maybe this will help?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's okay. we forgive you.