Search This Blog

Friday, October 24, 2014

Homecoming Weekend!

This weekend, please complete the test review I provided in class! This will count as a double homework, so do it! I'm definitely checking!

If you lost yours or you were absent, you can find it under our classroom resources entitled, "Chapter 7/8 Review."

Now, my two cents on what happened...

I know I joked around with some of you about what happened yesterday. I did not realize the seriousness of the issue at that time. What happened yesterday in the cafeteria was the opposite of safe, respectful, and responsible. As students, if you want to be treated like adults, if you want to be respected as equals, you must act that way. This weekend, be safe. Be smart. If you want to enjoy the fun activities that come with being an upperclassmen, you must act like an upperclassmen. I'm confident that most of you were not the instigators, and many of you were not even involved. It's a shame that you have to be lumped into a whole group. However, it is your responsibility to be leaders, and to act responsibly and refuse to support or participate in such stupidity. Every single one of you is better than that.

I love you guys. Keep being great people. But no more disappointing acts. Don't let irresponsible classmates make bad decisions and ruin things for everyone. If you know someone is going to do something, talk them out of it. If that's not an option, tell someone. Otherwise, everyone is to blame.

Alright, off my soapbox.

Have a great weekend! Enjoy!

No comments: