Search This Blog

Friday, April 5, 2019

Happy April Break!

To each you of: Thank you for your hard work thus far. I know that throughout the year I have often been tough on you (lots of lectures about doing better)--know that I am only that tough because I am trying to continually push you to do your best. Then, when your reach that level of expectation, I want to raise the bar even higher...and higher...and higher. That's the only way we can get better in life; we cannot be satisfied with reaching any particular "bar" we set--once we reach that bar, we simply have to move it higher and keep growing, keep improving.

I am very proud of this group of students for all of your work thus far. Thank you for coming to class each day, working hard, bringing positive energy, and listening to me continually harass you to do your work. Thank you for making me look forward to school each day; I absolutely enjoy the opportunity to work with you all, even though sometimes I may be a jerk. I love that I've learned new things about Stats and life from you, and I love talking to you all about college, life, etc. outside of class. Back to Stats--I'm excited for our potential success on the AP exam, and I'm excited to come back for the home stretch and put in some serious work. Let's all get 3's or above on this exam!

Until then, have an AMAZING break. Enjoy some time relaxing, do some fun stuff, spend some time with friends and family, and recharge those batteries for the final 5-week push to the AP exam. See you there! Oh, and do that take home test too. It's kinda a big deal.


Break HW = Start getting ready for May 16th = TAKE HOME TEST!
  • If you lost your copies here are the two sections:
  • Do your best!
    • Here's how I suggest doing the take home:
      • First, do as much as you can from memory--do the stuff that you KNOW for sure how to do, and circle any questions you are unsure about
      • Then, go back with your notes and use your notes to figure out/reserach all the questions you weren't sure about!
        • THAT is studying
        • If you just do the take home from memory...that's not a particularly effective way to study
      • Remember you also have your Barron's book--if you are struggling with a particular topic, look at the table of contents in your Barron's book and find that topic!

No comments: