Search This Blog

Friday, January 17, 2020

STUDYYYYYY!

**If you forgot to give me your stamps get on it! Send me a Remind or bring them exam day!


STUDY FOR YOUR MIDTERMS! 
  • This is a tough test--it's a practice AP exam! 
  • This is a great opportunity for us to project how we might do in May; take your preparation for this test as seriously as you'll take your prep for the AP exam!
  • Midterm structure:
    • 28 multiple choice = 50% of exam score
    • 5 free response = 50% of exam score
    • Exams will be scored roughly based on the same scoring as an AP exam!
      • Your goal: earn at least 55% correct to earn a 3!
        • Projected 5 = A, 4 = B, 3 = C, 2 = D, 1 = F for your exam
  • What's on the midterm exam?
  • How can I study for the exam?
  • I have assigned a "Midterm Review" assignment in AP Classroom!
    • Many of these questions have appeared on pasts quizzes and tests (it's hard to find unique ones because I use so many for our classroom assessments), but they're still great practice!
If you're not sure where to start, here's how I would study for this midterm...
  • First I would start by reviewing my notes; looking through to refresh my memory on vocab, formulas, and generally the "stuff we just have to remember" (I would read my notebook)
  • Next I would look over each of the unit tests from past units; these tests summarize the majority of the main ideas/things we have to know from each unit
    • Try to re-do any questions you got wrong!
      • If you can't figure it out; take out your notebook, or use the AP Stats Guy, or any other resources you have to construct some learning!
    • If I felt I wanted more of this type of review I would also look over some past quizzes
    • Remember, all of our past tests/quizzes consisted of many AP free response and multiple choice--so this is the same level of difficulty you'll see on the midterm
  • Now I would look over all of the review stamps we had this past week
  • Then, I would go to the AP classroom assignment; I would try to complete some questions each day, rather than trying to sit down and do this all at once
    • After finishing I would look at my results and go back to any questions I got wrong and try to figure out the solution
  • Still need more practice? 
    • Use the links on the right!
  • Don't forget about Khan Academy!
    • If that's your style, Khan has an AP Stat aligned course with videos and practice--it's a great place to look!
    • Be sure to enter the class code next to the link on the top right so I can see your progress (and so you're linked to our AP Stat class!)

No comments: