Search This Blog

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Saturday Debrief

I love our Saturday review sessions. It's a fantastic opportunity to see how we stack up against students from other schools, to see where we need to improve, and to acknowledge what we're doing well. It's also a great opportunity to learn from a variety of different educators, and thus best prepare ourselves for the AP exam.

More importantly, each time we host a Saturday session it forces me to step back and realize how incredibly proud of all of you (and of our school) I am. I could not be happier with the way you all conducted yourselves, and with the energy and effort you brought to the session. You absolutely represented East Hartford High School well. I know that school on a Saturday doesn't sound particularly thrilling; however, you all make it one of my favorite experiences we have. I couldn't ask for better students, and hope you will all make our remaining two Saturday's equally enjoyable and productive.

Thank you all for everything you've done thus far. I have worked your hard, been a jerk at times, and tried my best to constantly push you to improve. You have all risen to that challenge, and I cannot express my full appreciation in words. Proud as I may be, we do still have our work cut out for us. As hard as we've worked, I'm going to ask that we step it up even more for the next three months. If we can do that I have no doubt you can all succeed on the AP exam. No missing homework, more consistent studying, more time after school--this is crunch time, the home stretch to the AP tests in May.

Thank you again for being the best students in the world. East Hartford's AP kids just continuously impress.

And if you weren't there...come next time!

No comments: