Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Tuesday HW: Examining an AP Rubric

Tonight, please complete the following:

  • Your task is to use the rubrics provided for the two AP problems completed in class (passed back today) to analyze your work
  • For each problem (2007B#1 and 2011B#1) you need to read through the answers and rubric, and score yourself (E,P, or I)
    • In addition, next to each score, I expect to see an explanation/justification as to why you got that score
      • For example, if you earned an E, what did you do well/correctly? Even if you scored an E, what could you have added to strengthen your answer?
      • If you scored a P, describe what you would've needed to do (or to add) to score an "E"
      • If you scored an I, again, describe what you would need to do to earn an "E"
    • All of your written explanations/thoughts/comments should be in detail! The more deeply you think about this, the better prepared you'll be!
  • When I check homework tomorrow (I'm definitely checking...), I should see something like this...Use this structure/outline for your work...
    • 2007B #1
      • Section 1: "E." I scored an E because....I could have added......"
      • Section 2: "P." To score essentially correct, I need to also include...."
      • Section 3: 
      • Section 4:
    • 2011B#1
      • Part A: 
      • Part B:
      • Part C:
  • This is an important homework assignment! It's our first opportunity to see exactly how the AP free response questions are graded, and to see the types of answers and content we need to provide to succeed on AP free response problems!
Lastly, if you lost your answer keys/rubrics (provided in class), use the links below (we did question #1 for each year):


No comments: