Search This Blog

Monday, November 26, 2018

Monday!

Hey everyone! No homework tonight! But you can still get some extra stamps (due tomorrow)--take advantage of some extra time!

Still curious about today's game show? Check these out!

More Monty Hall Problem

More More Monty Hall Problem

More More More Monty Hall Problem

You can find tomorrow's homework below if you'd like to get a head start on that (more math practice, nothing new)...


 1.) Extra Credit Stamp #1 = 5 stamps
  • Question/Context = #8 from our ntoes...
    • Suppose we spin a roulette wheel 4 times: what is the probability that at least one of the spins lands on red? 
  • Extra credit stamp: rather than finding the probability that we get 0 reds and subtracting from 1, try the other way:
    • Find the probability we get exactly 1 red, or exactly 2 reds, or exactly 3 reds, or exactly 4 reds!
  • Show all work on separate paper (not in your notes) to turn in Monday
  • You should get the same answer as in class (0.9233)
  • See below for an image of this (which is also some notes from Friday)


2.) Extra Credit Stamp #2 = 3 stamps
  • What are five things you are thankful for? You must be thoughtful and reflective--truly give this some thought! You may think about this break specifically, or you may think about life in general; you may think about your friends, your family, school, your job--anything (or all of these)! 
  • Write these up (5 bullets) on a separate paper to turn in Monday!

3.) NEW: CHOOSE ONE thing you're thankful for/about and add it in the "comments" linked below for an extra (4th) stamp! Let's share!

4.) Tuesday's Homework = More Math Practice (if you'd like a head start):
  • Page 340: 25ab, 28, 30, 33
  • Page 363: 7
  • Even Answers (p. 340):
    • 28a.) 0.027
    • 28b.) 0.125
    • 28c.) 0.001
    • 28d.) 0.729
    • 28e.) 0.784
    • 30a.) 0.0225
    • 30b.) 0.092
    • 30c.) 0.00008
    • 30d.) 0.556

42 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m thankful for my dogs, Owen and Coco.

Malaysia B said...

I’m thankful that my family is healthy

Unknown said...

I’m thankful for Ap statistics, it’s made me think of math more than just numbers and formulas.

Unknown said...

I’m thankful for my dog Bj and my cat Charlie because they put up with me.

Tayo said...

I'm thankful for all the food that I ate since the 22nd, and the people that provided it. ����

Sabrina Hsiao said...

I'm thankful for generally having great health. Being sick sucks

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for my supportive family

Olivia Ashley said...

I’m thankful for my friends and family

Jessica said...

I am thankful for all the people who I’m closet with in my life (friends, family, staff, etc). They are my support system and I don’t know what I would do without them.

Michael Lott said...

I'm thankful for the opportunities I have when it comes to education. And this ezpz stamp.

Andrea Walker said...

I am thankful for all the pleasant moments life has given me

Lilian Amoako said...

I’m thankful for my friends who make me laugh and get me through each school day😁

Ivor Valdivia said...

I'm Thankful for all of my friends who I enjoy spending time with, my family who supports me even from another country, my job that pays me money and respects my availability, and my genetics which gave me good health for 17 years.

Robert Sam said...

I'm thankful for Charles Darwin. His contributions to science and society were absolute genius and I'll never forget them.

Malia H said...

I’m thankful for my parents support, devotion, and love

Sydney Moore said...

I am thankful for my family and the extra sleep I got over the break.

Keyshla Rodriguez said...

I’m thankful for my family’s strength. This pst year a lot of people have passed and my family has been able to stay together and strive through it. I’m also thankful for my job. I’ve been able to help my mom out for the time that she hasn’t been able to work.

Tahlea said...

I’m thankful for having supportive teachers

Alexandra said...

I'm thankful for my family and friends

Maricella said...

I'm thankful for my close friends and family.

Jonathan Banaga said...

I'm thankful for Mariah Carey's Christmas album.

Fred Carofano said...

I’m thankful to have such an awesome group of students and for the opportunity to read these.

Alijah Barrett said...

I'm thankful for my good health because some people take advantage of it and redret their decisions later while others don't have good health

Andrea Agosto said...

I’m thankfuk for my mom and sister for being my best friends and always supporting me through tough times.

Unknown said...

I'm thankful for my friends that always make me laugh and bring my mood up during boring days. Also having teachers this year that are funny and chill, while also being able to teach and help me out.

Nikkel Shelton said...

I'm thankful for my mom because I can turn to her for anything and I'm grateful for my family that encourages me everyday.

Lelani said...

I’m thankful for my mother for providing for me even when times are hard .

Christine Nguyen said...

I’m thankful for my grandma who calls me everyday to make sure I’m not sick anymore.

Cesha Dey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Celine Agbotey said...

I am grateful for my friends because even though I met them this year, we have made long lasting memories and they are more than I could ask for.

Brianna Plesz said...

I’m thankful for my cats that made me a proud cat mom. Even though they constantly wake me up at night and attack my feet, I still love them.

Unknown said...

I am thankful for all of the people in my life who push me to be the best that I can be and always have my back

Joy said...

I’m thankful for a supportive and honest group of friends

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kayleeana Mary said...

I'm thankful for Cristian Guerrette being my bestie and listening to me cry about the same problems every week.

Lomani B said...

I’m thankful for this extra stamp, boutta come in clutch later in the year.

Unknown said...

I'm thankful for technology

Malcolm S said...

I’m thankful for my family for always being there and pushing me in school to do better

Jaime Sullivan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaime Sullivan said...

I’m thankful for my pets and supportive friends

Ethan Garcia said...

I am thankful for my supportive family for helping me all the time

Anthony Ortiz said...

I am thankful for Mr.Carofano because he helps push us and does a good job of teaching Stats.