Search This Blog

Monday, October 5, 2009

Wow, that test was pretty hard...

I hope not. But it was definitely a difficult test. And although it pains me to do so, you can all take an extra day and finish up those take homes. Therefore, I expect even BETTER work. If you're done, go back and check your answers. On the open ended, make sure you have a picture drawn for each question--if you draw this and shade in the appropriate region, I think it could make your life quite a bit easier.

As for the test today, we'll see how it went! You'll likely get them back Tuesday--first off, I have tons to grade b/w the take homes, SAT papers, and tests. I'll try to get the tests done first and show you your grade, but with people making them up and such you probably won't actually own them until Tuesday (because Monday is a day off! Yeaaaaah Christopher Colombus!).

I just learned crazy amounts of goodness at the AP Stat conference. Got some hot problems for us to work on this week as we start unit 2! Bivariate data! Woop!

TONIGHT'S HOMEWORK: None. Just finish up that test and get ready for a new unit tomorrow. Or, if you want to get ahead, you can start reading chapter 7 and taking notes for a potential (definite) reading quiz.

EXTRA CREDIT INVESTIGATIVE TASKS ARE DUE NEXT TUES.

Don't stress too much about the test...I'm not here to try to fail you. I'm here to teach you statistics so you can pass the AP exam. So, no matter how much practice it takes, if we can get you to learn what you need for this first unit, we can handle some extra credit. Last year I had a review session after Test 1; everyone who came worked on another test-like worksheet, and when completed entirely correctly, they got 15 points on the first test. So it'll be ok, as long as you're willing to learn the material.

No comments: