Search This Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday break!

We made it! We're about halfway to the AP exam...Wednesday May 16th!

Please make sure to complete your Ch. 14 Reading Questions (this can be found under the Powerpoints and Assignments) for our return on Tuesday, 1/3. NO LATE PAPERS WILL BE ACCEPTED!

Feel free to email with any questions.

If for some reason you did not turn in your take home test you must email it to be before tomorrow (Friday) or you will lose lost 5 points for each day it's late.

I hope everyone enjoys break and I look forward to getting into probability when we're back!

Dear AP Statistics Students,

Happy Holidays! First and foremost, thank you G period for the card! That truly made my day yesterday (sorry I have to give you a test today instead of returning the favor). To those of you who have given me snowflakes or cards or gifts or delicious snacks, I send another heartfelt thank you. And a special thank you to my H period crew who has spent every day this year on the statistics grind during study hall.

Butttt….that’s not really why I’m writing ya’ll (yeah, I just did that) this letter; I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for your hard work thus far. I know I’ve been extra tough on you, especially with the plethora of days we’ve missed, but I hope you all know it’s only because I think you can do better. We can all do better. To the students who have come after school or during lunch or before classes begin, I appreciate your hard work. To those who always come to class prepared with homework completed, you are not overlooked and I thank you. And to those of you who have struggled or have not done your best so far, step your game up! No more incomplete assignments!

You are all intelligent young people and a joy to be around. It is because of you that I love coming to school each day and miss it on our days off. Thank you for making each class fun, but at the same time, productive. If we keep this pace up through the AP exam we’re going to have our best year of scores at EHHS.

I wish you all the happiest of holidays. Let’s all (including me) challenge ourselves to continue to improve over the remainder of the year.

Of course I have to remind you to start off right after break; come with a 20/20 on your reading questions (which will count as a quiz grade)—don’t procrastinate! And as always, check the blog and/or email me with any questions.

Again, thank you all for a great start. I love you guys!

Sincerely,
Fred Carofano

No comments: